Loading Tools and Case Accessories
Loading Tools - A selection of hand tools included with a properly cased vintage gun to ensure its usefulness in the outer reaches of the Empire, far from reliable sources of ammunition.
1. 1. Combination capper/de-capper --- seats and/or removes primers
2. 2. Bullet crimper --- stakes loaded bullet, securing it into neck of brass cartridge
3. 3. Turnscrews (the name for an expensive English screwdriver) --- for removing the rifles locks
4. 4. Firing pin retaining nut wrench --- to facilitate removing and replacing firing pins
5. 5. Combination case extractor --- for manually removing recalcitrant cartridges stuck in one of the rifle’s chambers
6. 6. Case trimmer --- the cylindrical end is inserted into the empty case mouth and revolved. A short cutting blade at the upper end of the cylindrical portion skives off a bit of excess brass
7. 7. Oil bottle with applicator tip inside screw-cap --- for applying small quantities of lubricant
8. 8. Hollow-point bullet mold insert --- fits into a hole in the bullet mold, adding a male form to the mold’s cavity, for casting hollow-point bullets
9. 9. Bullet mold with sprue-cutter --- for casting bullets in the field
1 10. Dispensing powder-measure/funnel --- for loading one powder charge directly into an empty cartridge case
1 11. Wad-cutter --- using a hammer, a rock or anything handy, for cutting disk-shaped wads from fibre, leather or anything available
12. Bullet seating tool --- remove the long tapered end cap, insert first the bullet and then the charged case, replace the tapered cap; insert into the other end a concave-faced plunger (hidden in the rifle’s case beneath the bullet seating tool) and drive the bullet home
The Hallowell & Co. Illustrated Firearms Dictionary is for informational purposes only. We do not necessarily offer the items described above for sale. Please click on any of the links below to see what we actually do have available for purchase.
American Shotguns English Shotguns European Shotguns Double Rifles Magazine Rifles Single Shot Rifles Combination Guns
Winchester Colt Smith & Wesson Other Handguns Antique Guns New Arrivals Custom Knives Other Neat Stuff
Who We Are How to Order We want to buy your Gun(s) Recommended Links Gallery
Firearms Definitions, Abbreviations & Opinions Store Photos Magazine Articles Home
Hallowell & Co., Inc. PO Box 1445. Livingston, Montana 59047 USA Tel: 406 222-4770 Fax: 406 222-4792 Email: email@example.com
Hours: Tuesday - Saturday, 10 - 6. (Mountain Time) Our inventory is constantly changing. Please bookmark this site and return often.